- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/3 cup long-grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk, regular
- Chop onion, carrots, celery, and mince garlic. In a large soup pot, add the oil and cook the chopped vegetables until tender. Stir in the broth, rice, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer until rice is cooked.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk. Whisk until smooth. Stir into the soup, and return to a boil. Cook until soup begins to thicken and is hot.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g