- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- 4 slice bread, Italian
- 2 cup raspberries
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Dice onion and add to hot oil. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and add to pot with salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, juice of half the lemon, and nutmeg. Cook until cauliflower is slightly browned; 4-5 minutes.
- Add broth. Once it boils, turn down heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. (You may also add a small amount to a high-powered blender and then add back to the pot to heat through).
- Serve warm with bread slices and berries.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 683mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g