- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium lime
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1/4 medium bell pepper, red
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 8 ounce tortilla chips
- Remove corn from freezer and allow to thaw as you prep the other ingredients. (If you need to speed up the process, place into a colander and run under cool water until thawed.)
- Chop onion and mince garlic; add to a large mixing bowl.
- Zest the lime and add about 1/2 teaspoon of the zest to the onion and garlic, then slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice over the mixture as well. Add salt to taste.
- Stir to mix well then set aside. (This will soften the bite of the onion and garlic.)
- Dice tomatoes and peppers; drain and rinse black beans. Add to the bowl along with corn, olive oil, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 334mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g