- 1 cup couscous, dry
- 1 cup chopped cabbage, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, all-natural
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 medium lime
- 2 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- Cook couscous as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, slice cabbage into thin strips; dice pepper and red onion; grate carrots; chop cilantro, green onions, and cashews; and drain and rinse chickpeas. Add all to a large mixing bowl.
- Allow couscous to cool for about 10 minutes, then drain, rinse, and add to the veggies.
- Scoop peanut butter into a mixing bowl and add remaining dressing ingredients; whisk together well and then add to veggies. Toss to coat evenly.
- Squeeze with fresh lime juice to taste, and top with mandarin oranges before serving.
Calories: 582kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1128mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 23g