If you’ve been looking for a homemade version of a complete nutrition bar for your kids, we found one. We made these chocolate bars for our kids to get some extra nutrients into their day! The chocolate powder we used is a healthy source of protein, probiotics and Omega 3 fats!
- It’s certified organic.
- The whey is from grass fed, antibiotic free, hormone free cows.
- No GMO’s, no casein.
- The vitamins & minerals are plant and seawater based.
- It’s sweetned by whole stevia leaves, not extracts. The Xylitol is derived from birch, not corn.
- The digestive enzymes are sourced from organic plants.
- Probiotics are naturally sourced wiht no allergens
- Omega 3 is from wild harvested krill oil
- It’s gluten free, lactose free, nut free, and sugar free!
And the benefits?
- Better Digestion! (the probiotics)
- Better brain function (the omega fats!)
- Boost immunity!
- Strengthens bones and muscles.
- chocolate Kidz Shake powder
- and coconut butter *which I’m starting to prefer to coconut oil because it’s made from the whole coconut flesh, and not just the extracted oils!)
We blended these up in a food processor until it was WELL combined, and then pressed the bars into a pan to chill. Once chilled, we ate them! (full recipe below)
Let us know how your kids like these bars! they are perfect for filling the nutrient gaps in their diet, or even for those super active kids that need extra!
And because Kidz Shake is all about full disclosure, I attached the nutrition labe.
This post was sponsored by Kidz Shake, even though we totally stand behind their products and ingredients!
- 12 large dates, pitted
- 1 cup Cashews
- 6 tablespoon Kidz Shake Chocolate Powder
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 6 tablespoon coconut butter
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor.
- PROCESS until completely smooth and super greasy- this may take about 5 minutes.
- Press into 8X8 pan.
- Place in fridge until hardens up and is no longer greasy. (at least 2 hours.)
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.