- 1/2 cup wild rice, raw
- 1/2 cup brown rice, raw
- 8 ounces turkey sausage
- 2 stalk celery
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 medium apple
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/3 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 bunch broccoli
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Mix together and set aside, covered.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in a medium skillet until no longer pink. Drain any fat.
- Chop onion, apples, celery and pepper. Add to the sausage, along with the remaining ingredients. Allow liquid to partially cook off.
- Serve in a bowl with the rice mixture and steamed broccoli on the side (or mixed in with the dish).
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 532mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g