Colorful Veggie RicePrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 medium apple
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 6 medium (3/4″ to 1″ dia) radish
- 1 can drained chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/4 cup, chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, white wine
- 1 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Cook rice as directed on package. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, shred carrots into a large bowl. Dice cucumber and celery; chop onion, apple and parsley; thinly slice radishes; and drain and rinse chickpeas. Add to bowl with carrots, along with walnuts and cranberries.
- In a separate small bowl (or mason jar with lid), add grapeseed oil, lemon juice, honey, white wine vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour into bowl of veggies and add cooked rice. Toss together to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately at room temperature, or refrigerate for later and serve chilled.
Calories: 594kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 406mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 25g