Cool off with this refreshing pasta salad chock full of crisp healthy veggies and fruits! Cheese and beans add protein and healthy fats, and your favorite bottled Italian dressing makes this salad convenient to make.
Try more simple kid-friendly pasta salads here.
- 8 ounce rotini pasta, whole wheat, dry
- 8 jumbo black olives, canned
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 1/4 medium onion, red
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 medium apple
- 4 ounce colby cheese
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 2 leaves basil, fresh
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing, low fat
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, chop all veggies: olives, tomato, red onion, yellow pepper, cucumber and apple. Cut cheese into cubes. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Thinly slice basil leaves.
- Once pasta has cooled to room temperature, toss all ingredients together. (If not serving immediately, more dressing may be needed upon serving).