- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 pound beef steak, any cut
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Mix soy sauce, flour, honey, and water together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mince garlic, chop pepper and onion, and cut broccoli into bite sized pieces. Slice carrots into rounds and cube the steak.
- Heat oil in a wok and cook garlic for 1 minute, then add beef. Cook for 7-8 minutes, then add onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes more, add carrots and peppers, then cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Finally add broccoli and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Make an opening in center of wok; add sauce mixture and cook until thickened, leaving in the center as much as possible. Once it is of a thicker consistency, mix everything together.
- Serve immediately over a bed of hot rice.
Calories: 528kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 542mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g