- 8 standard cupcake liners
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 large egg white
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place paper liners in the muffin cups and set aside.
- Chop pineapple into very small pieces.
- Fill a small, oven-safe dish with water and place on the bottom rack of your oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and coconut. Add pineapple and stir, completely coating the pineapple in flour.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the egg whites, honey, oil, and coconut milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- Spoon batter into each muffin paper to the top, (makes about 8 large muffins) then place the muffin tin in the oven on a shelf above the dish of water. (The water will create a bit of steam which will keep the muffins moist and help them get a nice rounded top.)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of a muffin pulls out mostly clean. (There may be a slight bit of moistness left in the middle due to the pineapple, but there should not be a lot.)
- Remove from pan and allow to cool before serving.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 33mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g