- 1 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup oats, dry
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 5 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Sift flour into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, cornmeal, walnuts, oats, and coconut. Stir to combine.
- Melt butter.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and beat lightly. Whisk in buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan about 10 minutes before removing; serve warm or cool completely before serving.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 392mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g