- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium carrots peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, pure
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, mix milk, honey, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Blend well and then add to flour mixture. Blend well.
- Peel carrots and then grate into batter. Add coconut and fold together gently.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Pour batter by 1/8 cup and allow to cook until bubbly. Flip and continue cooking until golden brown. Continue until all batter has been used.
- Serve topped with butter and maple syrup; blueberries on the side.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 426mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 52g