- 1 oz Linguini, fresh
- 2 cup, sections orange
- 4 cup leaves, whole basil, fresh
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 2 1/2 fl oz Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 spray , about 1/3 second (1 NLEA serving) cooking spray
- 3 oz pork tenderloin
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; Separate 1 Tablespoon of frozen, thawed orange juice concentrate for later use.
- For the pesto, add into the blender or food processor: basil, parsley, garlic, 1 more Tablespoon of orange juice concentrate, Parmesan cheese, and oil. Blend well, and scrape the sides at least once during the blending process. Divide into two portions and place one of the portions in an airtight container to store in the refrigerator (1-2 days) for another time when pesto is needed; the other portion will be used in this recipe. (It can also be stored in the freezer for up to one month).
- Spray and Preheat a large skillet over medium heat; (If pork is not sliced already, cut it into 1/2-3/4 inch slices. Spray pan with cooking spray; add pork and brush each side with the reserved orange juice concentrate. Cook each side for 2 minutes, or until juices run clear and the center is slightly pink. (Reserve some pork for lunch on Sunday, before serving).
- Mix pesto in with the pasta and serve pork atop each serving of pasta. (or separated as my kids asked for 😉 Serve with leftover Fruit salad from Tuesday’s snack and oranges.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 68mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g