- 1 1/4 cup flour, gluten free
- 1/4 cup flaxseed, ground
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 medium apple
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar.
- Add applesauce, vanilla and water; whisk to fully combine. (Batter too thick? Add more water).
- Pour into waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve with sliced apples on the side.
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 472mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 32g