- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, salted
- 1 can tomato soup
- 3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 29 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 12 slice bread, whole wheat
- 6 slice cheddar cheese
- 6 medium pear
- Chop onion.
- In a large soup pot, saute onions in a tablespoon of butter over medium heat until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook over medium high heat until hot (DO NOT BOIL!)
- While soup is warming, prepare grilled cheese sandwiches by placing cheese sandwich into a sandwich press or onto a separate hot skillet; cook until golden and cheese melted.
- Serve soup and sandwich with pears.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 971mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 27g