- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 stalk green onion
- 3 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 regular hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 cup, chunks pineapple
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and minced chipotle peppers. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drain and rinse the beans, then pat dry. Add to a mixing bowl and mash well.
- Add bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and garlic to a food processor; finely chop. Add in oats, egg, cumin, and sea salt; pulse a few times to mix, but do not puree. Scoop this mixture into the bowl with the beans and stir together. Shape into patties, then freeze patties for 2 hours.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add patties and cook for 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. Add to buns with chipotle mayo and sliced avocado. Serve with pineapple on the side.
Calories: 503kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 857mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 13g