Chinese Chicken SaladPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 2 cup each
- 3 stalk green onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium cabbage, red
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 cup cabbage, shredded Napa
- 8 ounce water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup vinegar, red wine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet red chili sauce
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop green onions, grate carrots, shred cabbage, and drain oranges. Set aside separately.
- Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and brush onto chicken breasts.
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish and bake until juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool completely, and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbages, carrots, green onions, water chestnuts, oranges, and chicken.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, freshly grated ginger, olive oil, remaining sesame oil, brown sugar, and chili sauce.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine; top with almonds before serving.