- 2/3 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 15 ounce kidney beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 5 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 1/8 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 3/4 cup oats, dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none cooking spray
- 8 regular hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 2 cup pineapple
- 2 cup green beans
- Chop onion, mince garlic, grate carrot, and slice pineapple; set all aside separately.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium.
- Add onion and garlic to hot skillet and sauté 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add carrots, chili powder, and cumin; reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans; add to a medium-sized bowl and mash with the back of a fork.
- Add mustard, tomato paste, and soy sauce to the beans, then add to the veggies. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add oats, salt, and pepper to the bean mixture and mix thoroughly. When cool enough to handle, shape into 8 patties. (For best results, allow the mixture to chill completely in the fridge before handling.)
- Spray a separate skillet or griddle with cooking spray; cook patties over medium until heated through and browned.
- Meanwhile, add green beans to a small pan with a small amount of water; steam until crisp-tender, or simply cook in the microwave.
- Serve each bean burger on a bun with pineapple slices and steamed green beans on the side.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 575mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g