- 3 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 4 medium kiwi
- Peel carrots and slice into rounds; chop onion and set aside, separately.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot over medium. Add onions to hot oil and saute for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add salt, pepper, and carrots. Stir to blend well.
- Chop zucchini and add to pot. Cook for 5-6 minutes; then, add the turmeric, cumin, and ginger.
- Cook for 1 minute more, then add the tomatoes and drained and rinsed chickpeas. Stir to combine.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, allowing stew to thicken.
- Serve with sliced kiwi on the side.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1332mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 16g