- 2 medium sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 6 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium lemon
- 8 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a baking sheet into the oven while it heats up.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes; toss with 1/2 tablespoon of oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread onto the warmed baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and pat with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium. Add chickpeas, paprika, cumin, and remaining salt. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add spinach in batches, allowing each addition to cook down a bit.
- In a blender, add water, tahini, cilantro, parsley, garlic, juice of 1/2 lemon, and a pinch of salt if desired; blend until smooth.
- Top tortillas with chickpea mixture, sweet potatoes, and finally the tahini sauce. Serve with applesauce on the side.
Calories: 590kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1104mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 17g