- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, light
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon dill weed, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, low fat
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 medium lime
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 4 medium pear
- 1 bunch broccoli
- Drain and rinse chickpeas; place in a bowl and mash to desired consistency.
- Dice celery and onion and add to chickpeas.
- Stir the mayonnaise and about 1 tablespoon juice from the lemon into the chickpea mixture; season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, adding more mayonnaise (or plain yogurt) if needed.
- Add the ranch dressing, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice to your blender; pulse to combine.
- Place lettuce into each pita and top with chickpea mixture. Serve with sliced pears, broccoli florets and cilantro ranch dressing.
Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 954mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 24g