- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 stalk green onion
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 4 medium hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 4 slice pineapple
- 1 medium lime
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
- 4 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 cup, cubes watermelon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook quinoa as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Add to high-powered blender or food processor along with coconut milk, curry, garlic and onion powders and salt; pulse until smooth.
- Chop green onions. In a large bowl, combine chickpea puree, onions, quinoa and panko. Form into 4 patties; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a grill pan or panini press over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown; set aside. Grill pineapple slices 1-2 minutes per side or until grill lines appear; set aside.
- Lightly butter the buns and place on a baking sheet buttered side up. Place in oven for 1-2 minutes or until butter is melted and bun is toasted.
- In a small bowl, mix together zest of the lime, pepper and mayo. Place chickpea burgers on toasted buns and top with grilled pineapple, flavored mayonnaise and lettuce. Serve with watermelon on the side.
Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 909mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 22g