- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/8 cup milk
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 4 medium pear
- Drain chickpeas and add to a food processor along with parsley. Pulse until coarsely chopped yet combined. Add in egg, yogurt, milk, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and flour. Pulse again until combined, scraping sides of food processor occasionally between pulses. Continue to blend until mixture is smooth, being careful not to over blend.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add chickpea batter, making 4 patties by smoothing out with a spoon in a circular motion. Cook each side for 5 minutes, adding more oil as needed. Allow both sides to cook to a golden brown.
- Slice bell peppers and pears. Serve chickpea patties with peppers and pear slices on the side.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 628mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 19g