- 3 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cup orzo, dry
- 8 jumbo black olives, canned
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 2 cup, chopped or sliced tomato, red
- 1 cup slices cucumber
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 teaspoon oregano, fresh
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- To create dressing, combine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Whisk together to incorporate. Introduce oil in a steady stream while whisking. Set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Wash and chop, in large pieces all veggies and fresh herbs. In a large serving bowl, combine chickpeas, olives, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumbers and fresh herbs. Toss with cooled orzo. Add dressing and mix well to coat. Salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 1022kcal | Carbohydrates: 179g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 501mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 15g