A filling vegetarian soup made with wholesome ingredients and warm spices- this Chickpea & Kale Soup comes together quickly for a delicious lunch or dinner!
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 4 cup, cubes butternut squash
- 2 large russet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 each cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoon coriander
- 3 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 5 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 cup, chopped kale
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Peel and dice squash and potatoes.
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon sticks, coriander and cumin; cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spices have become fragrant.
- Add undrained tomatoes, broth, squash and potato; bring to boil.
- Season with salt and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes or until the squash and potatoes have softened. Remove cinnamon sticks!
- Stir in drained garbanzo beans and chopped kale; simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro right before serving.