- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 medium lime
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 medium orange
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Place on a paper towel and remove the outer skins if desired.
- Chop cilantro and green onion; slice tomato. Set aside separately.
- In a medium bowl, smash the chickpeas and avocado together using the back of a fork or a potato masher. Add in cilantro, green onion, and juice from the lime. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread chickpea salad over 4 slices of bread; add tomato slices and spinach as desired, then top with remaining bread slices to form 4 sandwiches.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 674mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 4g