Chicken Veggie Soup
A filling, warm and hearty meal even picky eaters will love, perfect for fall or winter.Print Pin Rate
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 breast chicken breast
- 1/2 cup RICE, BROWN, MEDIUM-GRAIN, RAW
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup grapes
- 4 serving Crackers, Whole-Wheat, Reduced Fat
- Peel and dice carrots; dice celery, chop onion, and mince garlic.
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add all cut vegetables, rice, broth, garlic, and herbs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove lid. If using whole herbs, remove them now. Remove chicken, shred, and then return to pot. Season with salt and pepper; serve with grapes and crackers.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 403mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g