- 2 breast chicken breast
- 6 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 6 oz pasta, shapes
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 cup corn, canned
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 tbsp parsley, dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cup grapes
- Cook chicken breasts by boiling in a large pot of water (one that holds 3-4 quarts). Boil for 20 minutes, remove chicken and shred.
- Add chicken broth to the same pot of water, and add the pasta and boil for about 7-9 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot.
- Slice carrots, and add them to the pot of soup. Add corn and spices. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer. Cook until carrots are tender; Additional seasoning may be added at this point if you feel it needs more flavor.
- At the end of cooking, add spinach to soup and heat it through. Serve grapes on the side.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 272mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g