Vegetarian “Chicken” Sandwich BitesPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 1 patty, 1 roll, 1 cup green beans, 1 clementine
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/8 cup parsley, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- 4 cup green beans
- 4 medium clementine
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Toss into a bowl and mash using a fork or pastry blender.
- Blend the onion, parsley, and garlic together in a food processor. Add to the mashed beans and stir to combine.
- In separate bowl combine the egg, cumin, salt, pepper, lemon juice, baking powder, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix into the bean mixture and slowly add in the bread crumbs until dough is less sticky and able to shape. Shape into 4 small patties.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium pan. Add patties to hot pan and cook until brown on both sides; approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Place each patty onto a roll and add toppings as desired.
- Serve with steamed green beans and clementines on the side. .
Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 1298mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 15g