- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 12 leaf sage, leaves
- 4 slice prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 3 medium carrot
- 2 medium apple
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Cut the chicken breast lengthwise into strips.
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets evenly with salt and pepper. Top each cutlet with 3 sage leaves and wrap with a piece of prosciutto. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, combine a 1/2 cup of the chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside. Remove the chicken from the skillet and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining chicken broth to the skillet and scrape browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken broth mixture to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli into florets. Peel carrots and cut into slices. Place broccoli and carrots in a medium saucepan with approximately 3/4 cup water. Simmer over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with rice, veggies and sliced apples.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 268mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g