- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 4 slice bacon
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 4 medium pear
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring the chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk to a low boil in a saucepan. In a small bowl whisk the other 1/2 cup milk with the poultry seasoning and flour; add the mixture to the boiling liquid and whisk until a smooth creamy sauce forms.
- While the sauce is cooking, toss bacon in a pan and cook until crispy (or simply follow the instructions on the package for microwave cooking).
- In a large bowl, mix the sauce, water, quinoa, crumbled bacon, and broccoli florets; stir to combine. Pour the mixture into prepared baking dish. Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and lay the chicken over the top of the quinoa. Season with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven, gently stir, and if needed, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes to get the right consistency.
- When the quinoa and chicken are cooked and the sauce has thickened, top with the cheese and bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with pear slices.
Calories: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 661mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g