- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 1/2 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 2 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook rice as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, pound out chicken breast to an even thickness.
- Mix together spinach, cream cheese, lemon juice, thyme, garlic powder, and pepper. Spread mixture over entire surface of the pounded chicken breasts, then roll “jelly roll” fashion and secure with toothpicks.
- Lightly oil a shallow baking dish. Place the chicken in the dish and brush with oil. Pour the crushed tomatoes around the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove the toothpicks and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Serve chicken over rice, with raspberries on the side.
Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 302mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g