- 1 pound chicken breast
- 6 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium russet potato
- 1 medium parsnips
- 8 ounce linguine pasta, dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup grapes
- Dice chicken. In a large skillet, bring 1 cup of broth to boil; add chicken. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside, reserving broth in a separate bowl.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Peel and chop onion, carrot, and celery; add to pan.
- Peel and chop both potato and parsnip, add to pan. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining 5 cups of broth and reserved broth; cover and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes. Check veggies for tenderness half-way through cooking to be sure they are not becoming too soft.
- Add uncooked pasta, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Serve soup hot with grapes on the side.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 607kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 355mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 19g