- 4 each chicken breast
- 1/3 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1/2 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices bread, Italian
- Fold plastic wrap around chicken and pound out to approximately 1/2 inch thick; set aside.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Coat chicken with seasoned flour and set aside on a clean platter.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium. Add chicken and brown approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
- While chicken cooks, halve onions and mince garlic; set both aside. Remove chicken and place on a clean plate.
- To the same skillet, add sliced mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes more, allowing onions to start to brown.
- Add marsala. Stir and cook, scraping the bits of cooked food from the bottom of the pan. Add broth and boil for 1-2 minutes; sauce will begin to thicken.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Add chicken and tomatoes and allow chicken to reheat.
- Serve with Italian bread on the side.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 139mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g