- 8 ounce spaghetti pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 3 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 medium onion
- 5 piece whole Mushrooms, shiitake
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 can Chinese Baby Corn 303 x 406
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions until just tender. Drain out the water. Rinse the noodles with cold water, drain them well, and then set them aside.
- To prepare vegetables finely chop ginger, thinly slice onion, 1/2 cup carrots, and mushroom caps. Halve sugar snap pea pods and cut Chinese baby corn into thirds. Also cut 1-1 1/4 pounds chicken into bite-sized strips.
- In a small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce, chicken broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Then set the sauce aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the ginger for 30 seconds. Then add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and carrots and stir-fry 2 minutes more. Finally, add the pea pods, and corn. Stir-fry the vegetables for 2 more minutes, then transfer them to a plate. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the pan. Add half of the chicken and stir-fry it until it’s no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer it to another plate. Stir-fry the remaining chicken, then return the first batch to the pan. Add the cooked noodles, vegetables, and sauce. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Using two spatulas or wooden spoons, lightly toss the mixture until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serves 6 to 8.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 486mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g