- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 1 cup yogurt, plain
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 4 large naan
- 4 medium orange
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Chop onion; add to hot oil and sauté until lightly browned.
- Mince garlic; add to onion, along with curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, bay leaf, freshly grated ginger, sugar, and salt. Continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; add to skillet, along with tomato paste, yogurt, and coconut milk.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice or dice zucchini; add to skillet during the last 5 minutes of cooking (or serve on the side if preferred).
- Remove bay leaf. Juice the lemon half, add to skillet, and stir. Simmer 5 more minutes.
- Serve chicken curry wrapped in Naan bread with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 672kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 657mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 12g