- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup leek
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 30 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 2/3 cup white rice, short grain
- 6 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 bunch spinach
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Chop leeks and garlic and add to the pot. Cook about 5 minutes or until tender. Add cumin.
- Chop chicken and add to pot. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Drain garbanzo beans and add to the pot.
- Add rice, broth and spinach. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all the rice is cooked, about 20-30 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 657mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g