- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 3 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 3/4 cup Salad dressing, caesar, low calorie
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium peach
- 1 medium cucumber
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in a sauté pan with garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary. Add enough water to cover the meat and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center. Remove from heat, let cool, and cut into strips.
- While chicken cooks, cut bread slices into cubes and place on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon parsley, and bake for 5 minutes; turn cubes, spray again with cooking spray, sprinkle with remaining garlic salt and parsley, and bake another 5-10 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Remove croutons and let cool.
- Turn off oven, but place pita bread directly on oven racks while still hot. Leave in oven about 5 minutes until warmed through and slightly crunchy on the outside.
- Add chicken, lettuce, and croutons to a large bowl; toss to combine. Add dressing, Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste, then toss again.
- Spoon salad mixture onto pita bread, and serve with peaches and cucumber slices on the side.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 803mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g