- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/2 cup diced mushrooms, portabella
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried
- Cook rice as directed on package, leave covered, and set aside.
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces and add to a bowl with the flour. Toss to coat. Remove chicken from the flour and set aside.
- Using the same bowl with the remaining flour, add chicken broth, honey, and soy sauce; whisk to combine. Grate ginger and mince garlic, then add to sauce along with sesame oil. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, heat thoroughly, and then add chicken. Cook for 1 minute and stir. Continue to cook and stir for 5 more minutes or until all pieces are browned and cooked through. Remove from wok.
- Chop broccoli, onion, and mushrooms. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in wok; add veggies. Stir fry for 4 minutes; add sauce. Bring to a boil while constantly stirring. Cook for 2 more minutes or until sauce thickens; add chicken. Stir to coat and cook for 1 minute more.
- Serve over rice, and top with cranberries.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 711mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 24g