- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/3 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 cup carrots, baby
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 medium kiwi
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a small dish, mix flour, paprika salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture while reserving 1 tablespoon of flour mixture for the sauce.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; sear chicken without cooking all the way through. Place chicken in a baking dish.
- Chop onion and saute in remaining olive oil for 5 minutes. Stir in reserved flour mixture.
- Add chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened. Add half and half and cook until smooth and thick.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F for 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Serve over rice with glazed carrots and kiwi on the side.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in carrots, honey, and minced garlic; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Add water; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; cook for 4 minutes, covered, and remove lid; cook until carrots are tender, 10 to 15 more minutes, stirring often.
Calories: 712kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 956mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 29g