- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 ounce chia seeds
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine quinoa, flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and 2 tablespoons chia seeds.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together milk, egg, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add to quinoa mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide mixture evenly among greased muffin tins and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 173mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g