- 3 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cup cherries, frozen
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In one mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, sugar, buttermilk and almond extract. Mix this wet mixture into the dry. Fold in the cherries. Pour into waffle maker and cook until fluffy and golden.
- Serve with pure maple syrup and butter.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 405mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 20g