- 1 head medium (5-6″ dia.) cauliflower
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 3 oz chia seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and clean the cauliflower and cut it into chunks, being sure to remove the core.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse it until it’s a “rice” consistency
- In a large saucepan, heat one inch of water until it boils. Add in the cauliflower, cover with a lid, and allow it to steam for 4-5 minutes. Watch it close so that it doesn’t boil over!
- Use a fine mesh strainer to drain the cauliflower. Allow it to cool for a few minutes, then place the cauliflower in a clean dish towel and squeeze as hard as you can to remove any excess water.
- Once the cauliflower rice is drained really well, place it into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 egg slightly beaten, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried basil, chia seeds, garlic powder and salt. Stir the mixture well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it lightly with cooking spray. Spoon the cauliflower mixture onto the pan and use your hands to form it into a 8 1/2 x 11 inch rectangle.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, or even longer until the crust is golden brown and firm.
- Remove the crust from the oven and top the crust with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into “breadsticks” and serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 234mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g