- 4 cup cauliflower rice
- 3 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1/2 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat . Dice pepper and add to hot skillet. Saute for 1-2 minutes; add beef. Cook and stir to break up beef into crumbles. Cook until no longer pink. Add salt and pepper to the meat. Stir in marinara and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Transfer cauliflower rice to a microwavable bowl and loosely cover with a paper towel. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Once the cauliflower rice has cooled, transfer to a dish cloth, and squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible. Place the dried cauliflower to a bowl and mix in the eggs and seasonings.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Scoop approximately 2 tablespoons of cauliflower mixture into each muffin cup and press firmly, forming a cup to fill. Bake cauliflower cups for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove cauliflower cups from the oven and add 2 tablespoons of beef mixture to each. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Freeze remaining in an airtight container or freezer bag. Reheat by cooking in a 375 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until hot.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 234mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g