These sweet and tender muffins are bursting with pineapple flavor! You’ll love that they’re 100% whole wheat and that they have only 1/4 cup of added sweeteners. Make a double batch and freeze some for quick breakfast or lunchbox options!
Carrot Pineapple Muffin
- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 ⅓ cup canned crushed pineapple unsweetened, with juice
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners into muffin pan. Grate carrot.
- Stir together honey, oil, pineapple, and carrot. Add eggs and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and stir just until combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin, filling a little more than 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.