- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, red
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2 cup spinach
- 8 serving pizza dough, whole wheat
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 serving turkey pepperoni
- 2 cup grapes
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice onion. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high. Add onion. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook for 8-10 minutes. Add sugar and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and cook 1 minute longer; remove from heat. Stir in spinach and cover.
- Roll dough out onto pizza pan (or if desired, use paddle and preheated pizza stone.) Spread 1 tablespoon of oil onto dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour and garlic; cook and stir constantly for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Pour white sauce over pizza dough. Add half the cheese, onion mixture, pepperoni and remaining cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly golden.
- Serve with grapes.
Calories: 718kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 2386mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 23g