- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 2 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 4 leaves basil, fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium plum
- Slice the garlic, mozzarella, tomatoes, peppers and basil; set aside separately. Rub one side of each slice of bread with a cut side of garlic and brush with oil. On the other side of 4 slices, layer the cheese, tomatoes and peppers; assemble sandwiches with oiled sides facing out.
- Place 2 sandwiches in a large pan over medium-low heat. Cover and cook for 6 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted, turning sandwiches once. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Tuck a few slices of basil into each sandwich. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve with any remaining peppers and sliced plums.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 1237mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g