- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast, active dry
- 1 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 3 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 cup spinach
- 2 cup strawberries
- 1 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- Pour lukewarm water (80-90°F) and sugar into a medium bowl. Sprinkle yeast over water and let stand 4 minutes or until dissolved and foamy.
- Add 1 cup of the white flour, 1 cup of the whole wheat flour, olive oil, and salt to the water mixture. Knead by hand or with a dough hook for 5-8 minutes or until dough becomes soft and pliable. If too sticky, add remaining flour by the tablespoon, alternating between white and wheat. Let rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to approximately 1/4 inch thick. Cut with a large heart-shaped cookie cutter. Layer half of the hearts with a thin layer of marinara sauce, grated mozzarella, and roughly chopped spinach, leaving a small margin of dough around the edges. Top with the remaining hearts and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add spinach, sliced strawberries, and feta to a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Serve calzones with additional marinara sauce for dipping; serve salad on the side.
Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 736mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g