- 15 ounce kidney beans, canned
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- 3 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 regular hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cup strawberries
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Drain and rinse beans. Place into a food processor along with the Worcestershire sauce, onion, and egg white; process until smooth.
- Add bread crumbs and pulse until well-combined.
- Place sesame seeds in a shallow dish. With wet hands, shape bean mixture into 4-6 balls (depending on desired thickness of burgers), roll in sesame seeds to coat, then form into patties.
- Place patties on grill and cover. Grill 6-8 minutes per side until patties are lightly browned and seeds are toasted.
- Mash avocado and shred carrots. Toast buns if desired.
- Add some avocado, carrots, a bean patty, and barbecue sauce to each bun, forming sandwiches.
- Serve bean burgers with strawberries on the side.
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 836mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 15g