- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 medium onion
- 4 cup, cubes butternut squash
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, cook until crisp-tenter.
- Add remaining ingredients except cream cheese, mix well.
- Cover, cook on low for about 20-30 minutes.
- About 40 minutes before serving, place about 1/3 mixture at a time in to blender or food processer . Cover, blend until smooth. Return to pot.
- Stir in cream cheese. Cover, cook on low 10 more minutes minutes until cheese is melted, stirring with whisk until smooth.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 227mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g